Clothes Dryer Maintenance
Services, Installations and Repairs to Top Loading, Front Loading and Gas Drying Clothes Dryers in the Perth Area
The majority of clothes dryers dry clothing in this fashion:
They have either an electric or a gas powered heater, which is the most integral part of the machine. It is responsible for getting the clothes dry as it transfers heat through the dryer and the clothes.
Working in tandem with the heater, the machine has a rotating tumbler. The tumbler contains the clothes as they are subjected to the intense heat which ultimately dries them out.
An exhaust vent which allows the water to exit the dryer in the form of steam.
Common Faults with Clothes Dryers:
The most common problems that occur with clothes dryers and their possible causes are:
- Dryer wont work at all:
- Make sure it is plugged in properly and that the electricity is switched on
- Electricity may have tripped
- Broken thermostat
- Terminal block may be fouled
- Broken start switch
- Clothes Dryer overheats:
- Vents are blocked
- Broken Thermostat
- Faulty heating coils
- You hear the dryer spinning, but it is void of heat:
- Broken Thermostat - this is generally the main problem
- Broken heat coils
- Broken Timer
- Burnt out fuses
- You hear the motor spinning, but the drum doesn't turn:
- Broken drive belt - generally the main problem
- Roller - that the tumbler rests on is broken
- Broken electric motor
- Broken pulleys - between the motor and drive belt
If you are in the Perth, WA region and your valuable clothes dryer appears to have given up the ghost and its out of its warranty period, then give us a call. Our fast, friendly technicians are on standby to get you up and running in no time. With a quick repair, we will help you get up to speed on your washing duties. In a strong effort to reduce downtime for our customers, we carry parts for most brands of tumble dryers with us. Please also feel free to view our second hand appliances page for a good refurbished clothing dryer. They come with a warranty.